Some Chainsaw Chain "Basics"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
John Adler covers a lot of ground. Sometimes we miss the basics when we get all caught up in YouTube video hype. ONE of the beauties of places lie Arboristsite.com is we can have discussion here in the forums to grind thru the theory and data of a particular subject. On YouTube, as great as it is, a person / creator generates content and thru force of celebrity can make theory established truth. Also the same place can carry "down to earth" type content as this one I will drop a link for. THEN we can discuss the pro's and cons. SO Kudo's to arboristsite.com and places like it as well as folks like John Adler willing to put up possibly controversial content to counter the random Fad's on their way to reality....as perception is reality right? This is a little dry as most "educational" videos are. But the information contained within will help a person parse the barrage from sources selling an idea as much as a science.

Good video. I also wind up dropping the death gauges depending on the saw. You really have to tailor them for the power output and the weight. When bucking, I like to have my saws drop through the wood on their own with me just hanging on to them. On my 262 I wound up going to 35 thou and it cut way faster, the saw has enough torque to handle the deeper bite.
On a limbing saw I prefer factory depth or close to it, the chain gets way too grabby on small stuff when you drop your depth gauges.

Latest posts

Back