Some pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavdH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I don't believe this worked. I've been trying to put up pictures for days. We got a new loader today and I'll post a picture, this loader was broke the day after this picture was taken. The pin in the center of the boom came out and the boom is now bent and under repair.:msp_ohmy::msp_ohmy:
attachment.php

950b still use daily, semi retired ole' faithful bought it new!
attachment.php

950G the current work horse.

attachment.php

Front steps of the office.. a logging museum.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Good pics.
Are these logs coming off private property or government? I didn't think the government logged redwoods anymore. I notice that there aren't a lot of logs in the logyard. Is that because they are hard to come by or Al Gore doesn't need any more for his decks?

Both private and state land. Mostly private, the feds have very little redwood and don't cut it, in the Sierra forests they are protected and they made Sequoia National Forest a National Monument an awful lot of which I logged in, I have even logged in Yosemite NP years ago before it was bad to remove hazard trees i public areas.. The mill has been updated and is eating more logs than before. We have had a wet spring, we had rain Monday and didn't get any logs until Thursday this week, some guys just took off until after the 4th. We have lots of logs to get in before Thanksgiving, we didn't cut out last years logs until June 16th and this is the last of 3 yards we use, lots of logs in other yards. Everyone wants a redwood deck or fence, the lumber yard is fairly well cleaned out, fir lumber is a different case, better than last year but not good.

Red fir prices have really picked up around here, nice to know that we are makin money now, instead of just enough cash to log again another day.

Latest posts

Back