"Souped Up" saw on ebay.....lol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow....can I borrow the $700 from you to "buy it now"...I'm good for it...TRUST ME!!!

On second thought, its probably so "suped" up I couldn't deal with the torque. It has a compression release....my 066 doesn't. ooooooooh.

Mark

A 36" bar and 6 sharp chains! (sharpened by the kid at the local saw shop on a grinder, blueteeth and all)

What moron would put a 36" bar on an 036? And it looks like the bar has been pinched and wedged pretty hard too, probably quite wavy.

souped up, that kind of puts me in mind to everyones hotrod car engine was balanced, bored and blueprinted. most people around here, if it is loud, it has to be fast. in reality the opposite is usually true though. bye the way, i wonder what kind of soup it was?

i have heard deans saws are really awesome and wood hungry, probably produce 1,300 worth of grins when using. i need to send him mine for tuning when i get a break!

Well I asked the guy selling the 036 Pro who modified his saw? And what kind of chains they were, etc. We'll see if I get an answer.

Tom

I'm more inclined to go for Deans saws.

the 036,looks like every other one I've ever seen, just with a 36" bar/chain that comes with it.

Hey, my MS360 must be souped up too! It has a compression release! Woohoo!

I'd consider running a 36" bar in Balsa wood or Styrofoam.

Man I just sold my 036 pro and all I got was $300.00 mine didn't have a 36 inch bar I should have tossed one in though.

Here is his reply to my questions of "'who modded it?" And "What type chains?"

Item: stihl 036 pro (7733024579)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
bennettandy is the seller. "I am unsure i got it off a friend. The chains are stihl."

Buyer Beware:bang:

Then it sounds to me like a stock saw with nothing done to it besides overtaxing the motor with a HUGE bar.

Sounds like the seller got conned by his freind about how good this saw is, or the seller is trying to sucker some unsuspecting soul into over paying for a stock saw.

Remember what old PT Barnum said, " There's sucker born every minute "

Larry

I bet is runs that 36inch bar really good seeing as it is all souped up. You should have asked him has he ever run it and if so how does it work with that bar. I guess his reply would be Awesome though!

Latest posts

Back