Spaulted sweet bay, Holly,Oak&redbud

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROOTSXROCKS

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A blown over sweet bay from Charlie stayed alive till 07 cut early 09 after laying on the woods floor and I notices a black mold that looks like char from a lightning strike

I am pretty sure it is a sweet bay magnolia,
c6180322.jpg

52c65203.jpg

d38b104e.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n13/ROOTSXROCKS/WOOD milling/a54151cb.jpg

a54151cb.jpg

and a few thin boards I cut out

ba17a852.jpg

THis is a piece of redbud it takes a nice shine with little effort tends to split when drying but not to bad. real pretty cats eye effect.
I should get a better picture

A real pretty effect the white on the dark oak burl but the white softens a lot. for some reason I want to inlay a buffalo with this. set some of it is very curly and tight spiraled
bb43f7cb.jpg

It was really pretty smooth when spinning fast.
But it was nasty when I uncovered the holes and the Grubs came flying out fat and juicy right in the face.

love my splatter shield,lol i was doing some pens from wormy holly,and hit a couple grubs.

i noticed you kept the worm "dust" in some of the track holes,i like that, i harden mine with ca glue.

It depends on the hole wither I clean out the worm crap or not, sometimes I wonder if the holes are left full by the grub or wither they fill with shavings from the turning.

Back