Sprocket tip as hard nose?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghillie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone ever use a sprocket tip bar that has completely thrown the sprocket as a hardnose bar? (the sprocket completely broke in half and vacated the premises).

It is a tsumura tip on ??? made 36" bar on a 394XP.

Don't really need the saw untill I recieve the replacement tip, I was just looking at it last night and the center support is fine and just got me wondering.

Fred

All of the hardnose bars I have are VERY hard at the tip. I doubt your bar would last long without the sprocket. Also the hardnose bar tips are built up and slightly wider than the bar.

BTW my 260 and 361 both have hardnose bars on them right now. We start our annual 4 week vegetation management project in our local riverbed tomorrow and the saws will be running in a very sandy environment that eats up regular bars.

I didn't think it would be a good idea...

Thought maybe the fumes from the carb cleaner where getting to me late last night....

But I promised the voices in my head that I would ask...:biggrinbounce2:

Thanks,

Fred

it wont work at all, i have broken several tip sprockets and tried to run a hard nose sprocket tip. didnt work.

+1

if you look at a sproket nose tip when it has a chain on it, the chain doesnt actually ride on the bar at the tip. its the sprocket that holds it.

IMO hardnose bars are only for milling when width is maxed out on the mill, and hardwoods in remote areas

Latest posts

Back