Stihl 034 oiling too much!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HarleyT
I could honestly do it with my eyes closed in the dark. Its easy peasy just remove the metal plate that surounds your chain adjuster (1xlittleX27 screw) and behind the plate you will see the vent that's about the size in diameter of the screw you removed, it will have a little hole in the middle. Put your X27 scrench over it and tap with hammer/block of wood until it falls into your empty oil tank. After a clean replace it from outside of saw with the end with little hole facing you and tap it back into place which is a mm past flush. It took me longer to type this post than to fix your saw.lol
You peeked...

HuskyHeadDave

HuskyHeadDave

ArboristSite Operative
Does it seem easy enough to replace it? Does it tap right in easy enough? Sounds easy but I can see this being one of those things that I wished I never would have messed with.....

YouTube it.... You'll see a how to by Teradactile or terral ... He does some funny and crazy stuff to start but has excellent how-to vids!

Latest posts