Stihl 034

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocky226

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up a complete Stihl 034. It has a scored piston so I have been told. I don't know anything about the cylinder. Is it worth fixing up? What are you guy's opinion on an 034 stihl? Someone ran straight gas no mix thru the saw.:chainsaw:

40 is a good deal.You could part it out on ebay and make money. They are good saws when running. I have one and like it. The 036 is similar but with a little bigger engine.Parts shouldnt be hard to come by. With a little muffler modification you can put an 036 jug on it. :cheers:

Great deal... another $100 or so and you can have a Tecomec 036 P&C on it..

Or.. the cylinder may clean up and all you need is a piston.

40 is a good deal.You could part it out on ebay and make money. They are good saws when running. I have one and like it. The 036 is similar but with a little bigger engine.Parts shouldnt be hard to come by. With a little muffler modification you can put an 036 jug on it. :cheers:

I put 034 jug on 036......I know you should never go down, but 034 jug
and piston was free. Anyway I had to buy flange (spacer) from Stihl to use
036 muffler on 034 jug........so I guess 036 muffler is deeper, unless Stihl
made a change. I have come across this on 064/066 which you can uses the same flange.

That's a steal. Do it. Fix it and run it. They are among the best firewood saws Stihl ever made and still hold their own against the current lineup.

I will buy it first thing in the morning. Thanks for all your input. I think it will make a nice addition to my Stihl 021,Stihl 028 and Stihl 290. Possibly going to trade a cord of wood for a Stihl 038 in the near future. I will be asking some dumb questions when I get ready to fix the 034. Please bare with me wanting to learn how to fix these old saws. Thanks.

If I can dig my way to the warehouse at work this morning I'll check and see if I have an usable 034 P+C for you.

Latest posts

Back