• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 056 ignition parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KUBOTA OWNER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My stihl 056 av lost spark, has the SEM ga style ignition. looking for replacement parts.
Some say to replace the flywheel with the Bosch style and then there is a aftermarket ign. unit.

Attachments

• IMG_2574 (3).jpg
    IMG_2574 (3).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Hey brother I don’t know if you ever got this taken care of but I have done several and I would highly suggest a coil from Sägenspezi. I’ve never had an issue with one and they are a fantastic source for Stihl parts in general!

https://shop.saegenspezi.de/electro...i-ignitions-fits-Stihl-045-056-AV-045AV-056AV
There is also one to replace points as well.
I did check with them. The one they sell requires the bosch flywheel that are available on ebay
but then I'm not sure about the fan or starter application.
Found a great guy in Saukville Wisconsin on face book. He might be a member on here.
He goes by"woodchuck" It was about a 100 mile drive but was well worth it. Spend a couple hours with him. He had a ignition set and also asked if i need anything else, has lots of parts.
He said how about a break cover? He gave me one!! and a rim drive set up with a even a new rim!!
Fun thing was when i got home and installed it, it did not work. I felt very bad contacting him but three days later he shipped me another one in the mail. That one worked fine.
Wish he was closer, just a great guy and knows everything about saws. Could spends days working with him. Saw runs great and I have a 32" bar on it. have some oak that's stumps that were blow downs and are about 5' long. I can't believe how much power this saw has . I really have to try hard to stall it in the cut with the bar buried.

I did check with them. The one they sell requires the bosch flywheel that are available on ebay
but then I'm not sure about the fan or starter application.
Found a great guy in Saukville Wisconsin on face book. He might be a member on here.
He goes by"woodchuck" It was about a 100 mile drive but was well worth it. Spend a couple hours with him. He had a ignition set and also asked if i need anything else, has lots of parts.
He said how about a break cover? He gave me one!! and a rim drive set up with a even a new rim!!
Fun thing was when i got home and installed it, it did not work. I felt very bad contacting him but three days later he shipped me another one in the mail. That one worked fine.
Wish he was closer, just a great guy and knows everything about saws. Could spends days working with him. Saw runs great and I have a 32" bar on it. have some oak that's stumps that were blow downs and are about 5' long. I can't believe how much power this saw has . I really have to try hard to stall it in the cut with the bar buried.
Hell ya. Good deal dude. I would kill for that chain brake cover.. I have been looking for a better one or the band that goes in it for months and the only one I’ve found is on eBay for $75 which is ridiculous… hopefully soon my personal 056 restoration project will be done. Love those saws

Hell ya. Good deal dude. I would kill for that chain brake cover.. I have been looking for a better one or the band that goes in it for months and the only one I’ve found is on eBay for $75 which is ridiculous… hopefully soon my personal 056 restoration project will be done. Love those saws
You could contact Woodchuck, Bet he would have one. And at a reasonable price.

Good luck. My 045 and 056 Supers took waayyyy longer than any saw should but were worth it. One of the finest 87cc saws ever made for my money. Had to track down the unobtainium bearings/seals and everything to do total rebuilds. Bought parts a number of times from Sagenspezi. I did one Foggysail fix on an OEM ignition but my soldering skills leave something to be desired and solder connections would often come loose, leaving me scratching my head about what went wrong. So I went with Sagenspezi ignitions with each saw in the end. Between the two similar but not the same 045/056 models and also the changes made from early to 056 to later 056's, I had to learn way more about every variation of what went into those saws than I ever wanted to. Feel free to hit me up for knowledge anytime. I'm told that the Sagenspezi ignitions are subject to the same overheating that ruins the OEM's. Makes sense, no other manufacturer nor Stihl ever again tried to bury an electronic ignition against the crankcase where it would be subject to so much heat. But I'll run mine til they fail. No parts left over though, I was sick of having one occasionally working saw and a parts saw so I just bought only what I needed to do two complete rebuilds. Have maybe a starter I bought that wasn't a match and a wrong fanwheel for my models and that's it.

Good luck. My 045 and 056 Supers took waayyyy longer than any saw should but were worth it. One of the finest 87cc saws ever made for my money. Had to track down the unobtainium bearings/seals and everything to do total rebuilds. Bought parts a number of times from Sagenspezi. I did one Foggysail fix on an OEM ignition but my soldering skills leave something to be desired and solder connections would often come loose, leaving me scratching my head about what went wrong. So I went with Sagenspezi ignitions with each saw in the end. Between the two similar but not the same 045/056 models and also the changes made from early to 056 to later 056's, I had to learn way more about every variation of what went into those saws than I ever wanted to. Feel free to hit me up for knowledge anytime. I'm told that the Sagenspezi ignitions are subject to the same overheating that ruins the OEM's. Makes sense, no other manufacturer nor Stihl ever again tried to bury an electronic ignition against the crankcase where it would be subject to so much heat. But I'll run mine til they fail. No parts left over though, I was sick of having one occasionally working saw and a parts saw so I just bought only what I needed to do two complete rebuilds. Have maybe a starter I bought that wasn't a match and a wrong fanwheel for my models and that's it.
Ya hopefully in the next month or so it should be done. Painting everything in the next week I believe. OH there is an outfit that did the bearings, I found them on EBay not long ago and saved them on my watchlist in case I need them. Here’s the link for the bearings. I think the same place has the gaskets and seals with them for like $60?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1454760678...oifdh60sjq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Ya hopefully in the next month or so it should be done. Painting everything in the next week I believe. OH there is an outfit that did the bearings, I found them on EBay not long ago and saved them on my watchlist in case I need them. Here’s the link for the bearings. I think the same place has the gaskets and seals with them for like $60?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1454760678...oifdh60sjq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
My 045 used a clutch side 9523 003 0040 - I think that was the much harder to find one than the 4460 for the later 056. Also the early 056's used the same 0040 bearing. I have a set of 056 Tech Notes someone on here handily supplied me that explain all the upgrades from the early 056 to the later 056. Also the 045/056 Service Manual. Very handy because there are small things they changed on the clutch side that make things confusing as hell if you don't know which version you have. The Stihl 056 parts list only shows what the later models have. The tech notes talk about the chain brake, the changes in bearings and spur gear, and everything they did to modify the 056. By and large most people have the later 056, I don't think they made a whole lot of the version that was basically the same as the 045.

Latest posts

Back