• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 056 Mag II alcohol saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Much as I hate to do it, I'm putting my 056 Mag II alcohol saw up for sale. It was built by a local builder, John Rupley, as an alcohol-fueled race saw. I bought it from him and had the piston blow out a ring land while I was turning it over by hand, so I put a new Proline piston in it. I also put a stock flywheel key back in it as I was going to use it as a felling saw and I lost the original, advanced one. The bar studs have been trimmed to run a D009 bar, but you could just replace them if you wanted to run D025 bars on it. Also, there's a crack in the wrap I forgot to take pictures of, I'm pretty sure it could be welded up pretty easily. It fires right up and runs well, but I've never run it with a bar and chain on it so I can't say how it cuts.I have no idea of what saws like this go for, I'd like $350 plus shipping for it but I'm open to offers.IMG_5709.jpegIMG_5710.jpegIMG_5711.jpegIMG_5712.jpegIMG_5713.jpeg

Back