Stihl 441 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS-310

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a 441 in the basement that has a tore up rope holder(don't know what its called) The white plastic part that the rope fits in also the black "dogs" are all screwed up and the spring is unwound. Whats my best bet? Should I by all these parts or try to get a hole starter cover? I couldnt find any on e-bay.

Thanks alot

Rewind the spring; buy the pawls, spring and if req, washer. Maybe $7.50 in parts. The white plastic part is called a Rotor. $12 - 15. Your stihl dealer will either have the parts in stock or can get them quickly.

Last edited:
Saw is wrecked, I give you $50.00 for it as is, Put all the pieces in a box and send the saw to me. Your welcome for taking it off your hands. ;)

Don't try to coil the spring up and put it into the cup...coil the spring and place it the cup as you go.

Last edited:
I'd take the cover and parts into the shop and have them put it back together for you. They may charge you a couple bucks labor but they've done it before. They often will have those pieces in stock if they need to be replaced.

I'd take the cover and parts into the shop and have them put it back together for you. They may charge you a couple bucks labor but they've done it before. They often will have those pieces in stock if they need to be replaced.

Good advice. Then you learn how to do it next time. Now just to figure out why it happened...

Latest posts

Back