Stihl Arctic saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My MS361 is an Arctic but I have no idea where it was made...

Where does it say where they are made?

(But the really sad part is that I have never actually turned on the heated handle, Kinda like the compression release)

attachment.php

My MS361 is an Arctic but I have no idea where it was made...

Where does it say where they are made?

(But the really sad part is that I have never actually turned on the heated handle, Kinda like the compression release)

attachment.php

Off topic, but.......the Arctic 361's have a metal handlebar?

Off topic, but.......the Arctic 361's have a metal handlebar?

Mine does :) I guess that it makes sense if you are going to heat it, you would not want it to melt like plastic might, plus it conducts the heat better.

I am going to have to remember to turn it on one time but whenever I am working with my chainsaw in the winter my hands are always hot.

Last edited:
The first digit in the serial number will help you decide where your saw was made. A # 1 is from Germany. #2 is for the USA. And I think #3 is for Brazil. Back in the 80's Stihl ran out of the regular 028 AV and sent our distibutor some 028's with heated handles with the switch. People hear wondered what this was for and why sell that in Mississippi. It was odd to see a switch on the side. Even today you might see a couple come through the shop for maintance.

Stihl arctics have an on switch for the heat???

News to me.

They do, as do all other saws with electrically heated handles, I believe.

The handlebar on my German made 361W is part metal (both ends), part "plastic" (middle section)
- I thought they all were that way.....

....live and learn.

Last edited:
The first digit in the serial number will help you decide where your saw was made. A # 1 is from Germany. #2 is for the USA. And I think #3 is for Brazil. Back in the 80's Stihl ran out of the regular 028 AV and sent our distibutor some 028's with heated handles with the switch. People hear wondered what this was for and why sell that in Mississippi. It was odd to see a switch on the side. Even today you might see a couple come through the shop for maintance.

If that is the case then my MS361 Arctic is made in Germany as it starts with a 1.

Latest posts

Back