Stihl Bench Mount Filing Guide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walexa07

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got the bench mount a couple months ago and am having trouble getting it to securely hold the chain link getting filed. It has a plastic washer under the clamp handle and if I get it tight enough to hold the link, it won't release. Loose enough to release and allow the chain to slide and it doesn't hold the link securely. Anyone else have this problem? Other than that I like the guide pretty good.

Waylan

I do not have any photos and do not have it with me right now, but if you have seen one of these guides or used one it is easy to know what I am talking about. It is the part that clamps the drive tang so the tooth can be filed without chatter and/or moving.

Waylan

Hi Waylan
here is the link For the manual of the FG 2
http://www.stihlusa.com/stihl_ownersmanuals/FG2_Manual.pdf
See on page 24 picture on the top pos.7 "clamping lever"

Bring this part in the position that the "line" is on face to you. Then the roundet ends of the fork touche the black plasticwhasher. The holding power you can adjust with loosening or thitening the 13mm stopnut on the backside img-9557

You can make the pics bigger by clicking on them.

Cheers Vincent

Got the bench mount a couple months ago and am having trouble getting it to securely hold the chain link getting filed. It has a plastic washer under the clamp handle and if I get it tight enough to hold the link, it won't release. Loose enough to release and allow the chain to slide and it doesn't hold the link securely. Anyone else have this problem? Other than that I like the guide pretty good.

Waylan

Just off the top of my head I'd say, get a SS washer then file the handle a little so that when in the loose position there is more clrearance between the handle and the clamp, not too much though, you don't want the chain to fall down in it when you release it.

Later,

Latest posts

Back