Stihl BR800 Backpack Blower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlskin

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Spark, Done the Stihl service flowchart diagnostics....No Spark. Blower 2 years old. It did a typical ignition failure, engine intermittent engine cut-outs for 5 or 10 secs, and died. Have trialled a donor replacement coil / module and no Spark. The old coil is happily working in the donor machine. disconnected kill wires for tests.

Can 0.005" extra at the spark plug do this? Thats the only thing I didnt check was the gap out of the box which is usually 25 thou as i bite my tongue. Got a bit complacent there. magnets on flywheel seem bitey. This is bizarre. Has anyone come across this hoodoo before, or can anyone help to identify whats wrong?

Can it be the flywheel after 2 years?

did you check spark in a dark room? These new units are hard to see spark in daylight setting, gotta turn lights out sometimes. Did you check with wires off module? Or put finger on plug to check if brave enough.
You may have another issue

did you check spark in a dark room? These new units are hard to see spark in daylight setting, gotta turn lights out sometimes. Did you check with wires off module? Or put finger on plug to check if brave enough.
You may have another issue
Thanks for reply, I resolved the issue by setting the plug gap to spec 20 thou of inch or 0.2mm. Not mentioned anywhere in the info I had, Stihl say to use part number such and such to set spark plug gap, but its a secret. Out of the box the plugs are set to 25 thou , thereabouts, Ive never come across a spark problem because the gap was 5 thou over the spec. Ill never be complacent of the plug gap again :)

Thanks for reply, I resolved the issue by setting the plug gap to spec 20 thou of inch or 0.2mm. Not mentioned anywhere in the info I had, Stihl say to use part number such and such to set spark plug gap, but its a secret. Out of the box the plugs are set to 25 thou , thereabouts, Ive never come across a spark problem because the gap was 5 thou over the spec. Ill never be complacent of the plug gap again :)
Owner's manual , page 33

Attachments

• BR 800-800-x om.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
Back