Stihl -Choke Switch Won't Work 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secureland

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi,
The 026 I'm working on has a problem with the Black Choke Switch and Contact Spring.

It won't go into the choke position unless I physically push the Contact Spring back.

As soon as I do that it doesn't go smoothly into the Half-Choke position.

Do any of you guys have an idea what the repair for this is?

Thanks,
Bill

Hi Madrone,

Thanks for the response again.

I've allready bent it back and forward trying different "bends".

Have you seen this before? It's very strange as it will go from half-choke to run, to off very smoothly, but then not go back to choke. I bend it to get back to choke, and then it won't go to half-choke.... wtf? Is this common? The contact spring doesn't seem deformed...

Bill

I think it happens when the choke in the filter is impeded and too much pressure is applied to the switch and bends the spring.
When i had that problem it bent back ok.

With some fine-tinkering with the curve at the very end of the contact spring it appears to be working more smoothly, I'll have to do some fine adjustments tomorrow.

Thanks Madrone!

First... only operate it with the filter on. The filter limits the vertical travel of the spring and changes the action.

Second..Spend $2 and buy the newer 1125 version... they are much better..

Pictures of Problem

As soon as I put the filter on the white lever that controls the internal filter choke doesn't go up far enough. If I push it up just a bit with a scredriver, it goes into place. But the Master choke/off switch can not apply enough pressure. There seems to be a problem with this part of the saw.

100_2036-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back