Stihl Fs 76

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosscollar

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm brand new here and I can't help but appreciate the knowledge that's displayed.
I have a Stihl Fs 76 trimmer that I'm trying to re-ring. The barrel looks good as far as not having scratches. My questions are: (1) Do I need to cross hatch the bore and if so, with what? (2) Are there any tuning tips for extra power? (3) Should I use sealer on the cylinder gasket ?

Thank You

Looks good? Just put the new rings in.

No sealer on gaskets...

Don't try to hop up the power -it's maxed by the length of the string you run, which is set by the guard... any more and it will overheat..

Looks good? Just put the new rings in.

No sealer on gaskets...

Don't try to hop up the power -it's maxed by the length of the string you run, which is set by the guard... any more and it will overheat..

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you saying I don't need to break the glaze for the new rings to seat?

Nope... you can if you like but without the right tools, you might not help the process. It will just take a couple of tanks more to "break" it in.. On the weedeater engine... there is very little break-in that occurs at all.

Nope... you can if you like but without the right tools, you might not help the process. It will just take a couple of tanks more to "break" it in.. On the weedeater engine... there is very little break-in that occurs at all.

Ok.....Sounds good to me. Thanks again for the help

Back