Stihl HS60AV hedge trimmer carburetor issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriklane

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi-I got this hedge trimmer from my Dad, and it has a Takei carb. I cannot find a rebuild kit for it. I would be ok with replacing it with a Zama or Walbro or equivalent, but I cannot find one. Does anyone know of a replacement? The trimmer is approx 36cc...takei carb 1.jpgtakei carb 2.jpgTeikei carb 1.jpgTeikei carb 2.jpg

I did a little looking around and it seems that a Walbro WT-189B is the proper replacement carb for an HS60, but of course I don't know how old your model is. Stihl part number 4211 120 0602. Plenty of OEM carbs on ebay but you may be able to find a cheaper knockoff carb. I've had good luck with some of the cheap-o carbs since some of the OEMs are too expensive, especially if the tool is seldom used.

Thank you for the info, but at the prices I'm seeing, it just won't be worth it. I'll have to see if I can scrounge a used one somewhere. I see it has 2 (impulse?) holes, mine only has one, not sure if that's a show stopper...

Back