Stihl ms180 oiler problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My saw quit oiling a while back its a ms180. I went and replaced the oil pump, oil line and worm (all oem) I blew out oiler hole that delivers the oil to the bar and chain. So I know for a fact there no clogs. I can't get it to pump a drop of oil. Any help would be appreciated.

- clogged pick up
- folded/twisted line
- pump not seated properly
( depth & direction wise )
- sprocket/drum notch not engaged with worm pin
- line disengaged from either seat
( underneath the saw ) oiler side or
tank side

These are what's left ,
since pump,line and worm are replaced and oiler channel is
checked for free flow.

My saw quit oiling a while back its a ms180. I went and replaced the oil pump, oil line and worm (all oem) I blew out oiler hole that delivers the oil to the bar and chain. So I know for a fact there no clogs. I can't get it to pump a drop of oil. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem, new pump, filter, line, worm gear.
All passages are clear, tried playing with the seating depth of the pump. I can see the pump is turning if I turn the worm gear by hand, really hard to see but with a bright light it is possible. Just seems the gear on the crankshaft is not engaged enough with the worm gear that drives the pump. Lines are seated properly and not kinked.
This thing has got me ready to get the big hammer out . Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx !!!!!!

The depth is were I was messing up. But I finally got mine oiling again once I knew the right depth. Thanks HarleyT

Latest posts

Back