Stihl TS350 restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to betterbuilt-
I checked today for what they still offered on parts for the 076 from Stihl, and I had to rob one of the dowel pins off the other crankcase halves so that there were one on each half of the crankcases. Do you have any old broken or damaged crankcases that I could salvage two off of for this second saw? Stihl part number is 9371 470 3120 if you need a reference. If not, that's OK, I'll shop eBay......again.
also, pardon my ignorance being from the central plains, but, do you lock the throttle on that 076 Super saw on the mill? How does that mill work? Is it for personal use or do you sell the lumber to make executive board tables. That's a bigasstree it's cutting. (to an Okie it is) :freaked-out:

to betterbuilt-
I checked today for what they still offered on parts for the 076 from Stihl, and I had to rob one of the dowel pins off the other crankcase halves so that there were one on each half of the crankcases. Do you have any old broken or damaged crankcases that I could salvage two off of for this second saw? Stihl part number is 9371 470 3120 if you need a reference. If not, that's OK, I'll shop eBay......again.
also, pardon my ignorance being from the central plains, but, do you lock the throttle on that 076 Super saw on the mill? How does that mill work? Is it for personal use or do you sell the lumber to make executive board tables. That's a bigasstree it's cutting. (to an Okie it is) :freaked-out:

I'll check on the pins. You can still order parts for the Ts760 and most of the parts are the same. I have a ts760 case that is still together that would have the dowels.

I was using a zip tie to hold the throttle down.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The log was 28-36inches wide and 108 inches long. Maple

Last edited:
WOW! That's a big pile of saw chips. Thanks for the pics.
A zip tie throttle lock? Are you quick with the snips if something goes......nnnot good? I think Stihl would not recommend this.....LOL!
Does it ever get hung up, or did you do that to take the picture?
newreply.php

All I have to do is slide the ziptie down off the throttle. There was two people running the saw so we could be sure nothing happened to the saw. When it started to bog down you could hear it way before it would actually slow down much. I doubt I have to worry to much about the warranty claims on that saw. I've been using the zip tie so I can get away from the fumes from the muffler and the saw dust. Of all the saws I've milled with, the 076's strange lay out is the best for milling because the exhaust is not bouncing of the log. The saw was cutting 10 inches a minute.

169123d1295578081-013-jpg

when you post the pic and it doesn't work you can right click on it and copy link location
Then open the picture icon and delete the http://
Then just right click in the little window and paste the link location in there. That's all I did to show your pick.

Just be sure there isn't two or two http:// at the beginning If there is you need to delete them manually or try again.

There should be one [IMG] at the beginning and one at the end.

Last edited:
This is the thread with the different
muffler types

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/114022.htm

When I got my 76 it had these spacers. At first I thought they were an add on so I went to cheapsawstuff guy and he did not have a wide one either..

after a while I had been told by a few people that these spacers were put on at factory.

I think they had extra covers left over and it was an easy mod for them.

so, 1/2 spacers and longer bolts and off ya go.

thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

CIMG3513.jpg

CIMG3515.jpg

I got the metal friction shoes there hard to find and get for the earlyer ts350 stihl saw cutter. It uses the points ignition system. The later ts350 super uses the electronic ignition with plastic paw.

I got the new part which is hard to get hold of but Ive found a good contact now. I fitted the new part and it pulls the starter great which I thought.

But then it wouldn't start so I thought what the hell this time no spark.

Then after 2 days of working it all out and stripping the machine down. The flywheel had the old points ignition system a coil with 2 metal parts then magnets on the flywheel. These were dirty sluge and rust so I cleaned the hole lot up. I got a friend coming down next week the flywheel needs putting back a certon air gap for it to spark properly. Cause at the moment my gap wrong so it spark and burns the magnets on the flywheel. But least I know there a good spark.

Pictures to follow Ive learnt alot about the stihl machines now. I know which parts fit what machines from the ts350 early to the later ts350 stihl disc cutters. Then the 08s chain saw stihl alot of people dont even know about this stuff its so hard to find out. Even online there very little about it all. So Im glad I did alot of research online and in local shops.

So hopefully the 30 year old machine going to be up and running again next week.

I got the metal friction shoes there hard to find and get for the earlyer ts350 stihl saw cutter. It uses the points ignition system. The later ts350 super uses the electronic ignition with plastic paw.

I got the new part which is hard to get hold of but Ive found a good contact now. I fitted the new part and it pulls the starter great which I thought.

But then it wouldn't start so I thought what the hell this time no spark.

Then after 2 days of working it all out and stripping the machine down. The flywheel had the old points ignition system a coil with 2 metal parts then magnets on the flywheel. These were dirty sluge and rust so I cleaned the hole lot up. I got a friend coming down next week the flywheel needs putting back a certon air gap for it to spark properly. Cause at the moment my gap wrong so it spark and burns the magnets on the flywheel. But least I know there a good spark.

Pictures to follow Ive learnt alot about the stihl machines now. I know which parts fit what machines from the ts350 early to the later ts350 stihl disc cutters. Then the 08s chain saw stihl alot of people dont even know about this stuff its so hard to find out. Even online there very little about it all. So Im glad I did alot of research online and in local shops.

So hopefully the 30 year old machine going to be up and running again next week.

My mate helped me get the ts350 stihl machine sparking again. It just needed abit more cleaning and ajusting on the points ignition system.

Its running like brand new plenty of power and revs. There a nice kick in the machine to which shows its running fab.

to clear a few things up, stihl 075,076,760 all have the same piston. 075&076 have same piston & cyl, but 076 super has diff porting. 760 demo saw has diff porting for max torque. 075,076,760,050,051,510 use tillotson hs60, 076 super uses a carb spacer with a walbro ws26 carb, bigger bore+more flow.

075 prototype that was a converted 051 had what we know as a 075 cyl with a removable head. I happen to have one.

In case you cant tell, ive been through a few of these things. :msp_smile:

Back