Stove Pipe Identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildmyown

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Alright Guys I need your help trying to identify what kinda pipe I have and if it is still available anywhere. This pipe was put in before I was born and unfortunately the person that did put in in is no longer with us. (RIP Dad). If anyone knows where I might be able to locate a manufactors name or a part number to go by that would be great. Here are some pics they arent the best sorry kinda hard to get a good pic. I need to replace and or repair one part. I really dont want to replace all the pipe the rest of it is in really good shape.
P1010018.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010021.jpg

Kinda looks like old Metalbestos all-fuel. Looks like rust inside of the pipe. That particular style of locking tab no longer used, most all-fuel pip is twist-lock. Only thing you can do is get a same size piece of Metalfab, etc. and try it and see if it fits. Sorry, but I think you will need to replace all of sooner or later.

Yeah thats what I was affraid of. The pipe itself is solid inside and out it is no longer exposed to the elements as it runs threw a chase in the wall. I will come up with something to attach the black pipe to the insulated pipe. My father just had a piece of 8" black pipe sliped into the connector that you can see in the pictures its been that way for 30 years without issue just for some reason this year when I was cleaning the pipe I didnt think it looked that safe and wanted to do it the right way.

Anyone have any ideas?

Back