strawberry pics from Florida

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was in Florida last week. We went to plant city where they grow a lot of strawberries. I took a few pics. It was mid 80's all week. Also a pic of over an acre of a hydroponic strawberry setup. I'm not sure why the guy decided to set this all up, but he gave up on it several years ago. Everything is still sitting there
20150303_123020.jpg
20150303_140016.jpg
20150303_122738.jpg

that hydro setup was a big hype thing a few years ago in this area. i saw a few go up but most didn't last more than 2 years. i heard that you had to pick (cut ) each berry off with scissors.:crazy:

that hydro setup was a big hype thing a few years ago in this area. i saw a few go up but most didn't last more than 2 years. i heard that you had to pick (cut ) each berry off with scissors.:crazy:
Yeah, it just looked lot a lot of extra work. I can't think of any benefit to it.

Howdy, one problem with strawberries is once it is picked it will NEVER get any better. i couldn't figure how to spell past tense of wripe. LOL, still can't.

Howdy, one problem with strawberries is once it is picked it will NEVER get any better. i couldn't figure how to spell past tense of wripe. LOL, still can't.
Riper?? The strawberries we grow have about a 2 day shelf life. And really only look good for about 18 hours. We sell some to a store but it's a pick them in the morning, take them to the store and hope they sell them that day.

Back