Stubborn 026 suggestions PLEASE!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyb13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am trying to sort out a 026 my Son bought. Here is what I've done so far.
Problem; Sluggish acceleration.
Vacuum, and pressure tested seals. All good
New impulse hose, fuel line, and filter.
Vent open and ok.
Rebuilt carb.
Switched carb out with another that runs excellent.
Compression 130PSI on one gauge, 135 on another.
The saw will idle forever, and cuts well, it is just slow as C$%p to accelerate.
I got 6 hairs left on my bald head from this thing. What am I missing?

Be right back.

I'll check the key now. I'll take the ignition off my other one and check it out.

I'd be really surprised if the ignition is the problem.. in my experience the 0000 400 1300 coil either works or it doesn't. . It's not smart, so there is no 'retard/advance".

Your compression sucks... the 026 barely runs at 130 -135... That needs fixing...

Check your exhaust screen.

Your compression sucks... the 026 barely runs at 130 -135... That needs fixing...

Check your exhaust screen.[/QUOTE]

+1

I'd be really surprised if the ignition is the problem.. in my experience the 0000 400 1300 coil either works or it doesn't. . It's not smart, so there is no 'retard/advance".

Check your exhaust screen.

+1. Pull muffler check for marks on the piston maybe scored piston/cylinder the compression is too low for the 026 to run properly. If not scored on the piston or cylinder throw a new set of rings in and lightly hone the cylinder. Also check the H & L screws on the carb they should be 1 turn out from lightly seated. Let us know.

Ever since the last 026 post I've been sanding just about everything I can get my hands on just to see what happens. The cats a bit sore. My computer screen is definitely not harder than Nikasil or chrome. I cut my hand sanding my chain. I just really love the stuff.....Glad to know some of you do too.

I don't know if its a one or two jet carb; but, when I have an acceleration problem its almost always an adjustment needed on the "L" jet, as that's the one that affects, starting, idling and acceleration. Experiment with it, 1/8th turn at a time, in both directions if necessary. If turned in too far when at an idle, it will stall and be difficult to start. If turned too far out it will also start to stall when at an idle speed. Some where in between and it should accelerate better. Good luck.

Ever since the last 026 post I've been sanding just about everything I can get my hands on just to see what happens. The cats a bit sore. My computer screen is definitely not harder than Nikasil or chrome. I cut my hand sanding my chain. I just really love the stuff.....Glad to know some of you do too.

Also works great instead of shaving...:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Back