Stuck up in the air!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushinspector

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Boy today was a total bust. My son was stuck up in the air today due to mechanical problems. After about 45 munutes noticed that one outrigger had settled some so i worked with the controls until we got it down. We have a Hi-Ranger II model 5 FI-48 PBI. The truck was in a hole but still would not work even when we had it parked back on flat ground. Any ideas? I could not even bring it down with the manual levers!!:cry: :bang:

From all the wisdom that I have picked up from all of the bright guys in this forum I tossed in a cheap old rope into the bucket. It worked well moving tools back and forth. SO THANKS GUYS!!!!

An empty plastic soda bottle filled with throw line a good idea to keep in the bucket also. Does not take up much room and will usually fit in the control handle box. In case of emergency drop the line and haul up what you need to bail out.

Does the bottle get moisture in it from condensation?

Leave the cap off and tie the string around the top with a throw ball. Never had the need to use it except for a dry run to test length. Hopefully you will never need it either but it is a nice insurance policy.

Back