Stuff we built

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what i call putting your milled lumber to good use!:clap: Can't wait to see the one with the slide.:)

We have pulled them out of the lake but the kids had a ball because it made a large platform (16x14) so there were no disputes over real estate , we used a kids plastic playset slide and mounted over the edge of one of the floats and covered the 1x6 decking with outdoor carpet , the 2x12 frames were built on 4x6 skids. The only bought stuff was the hardware , carpet and stain.
:cheers:

Last edited:
What was used for floats? I'm planning to make one for my pond.I have thought of using plastic barrels.

We used plastic barrels that were about 25 gallons in size (approx 1.5ft by 3 ft only a guess I can measure later), they make for the perfect height and critters don't make nests in them .The skids and cross braces keep them in place .

Looks like they are working good for you.I just hope they hold up without deteriating.Thanks,Mark

hemlock around here is very rot resistant (closest thing we have to cedar) .
All the frames are bolted together with galvanized hardware and the decking is screwed on with deck screws , the original rafts were made with store bought spruce lumber and lasted about eight years ,they only spend about 3 months in the water then they are up on high ground .
:cheers:

Back