Stumped on a ms200t..Help please?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The vent portion in the tank is what I would replace right? The little rubber disk with a nipple on the top? Part no 1110 353 1600 I think

that red rubber flapper in the tank doesn't really matter if it's in or not. As long as the valve is good. if the carbs sucking petrol it'll be from a leak at the breather hose where it joins the tank, fuel gets sucked in from beneath the airbox, should be obvious if it's the case

Hey guys thanks for all the suggestions!

Lone wolf..
It will clear out the first throttle blip after it fires and then it blubbers down slower and slower as I have to hold full throttle to keep it running...it won't idle after that and to restart I half to treat as if it's flooded and hold the trigger as I pull on it maybe 10 times.

You cant get it to run lean no matter how much you turn the jets in? Does it spit a lot of gas at you when the filter is off?

I haven't wanted to lean it out all the way because it will clear out for just a second...so I have not been the H turning past the middle of the adjustment range...The L doesn't seem to have any effect on it.

Some gas does come back out the carb

Stihl 86
[Can you post a picture of the piston?

I wish I could but my digital camera bit the dust not long ago and i have been resisting buying another.:monkey:

Pgg
that red rubber flapper in the tank doesn't really matter if it's in or not. As long as the valve is good. if the carbs sucking petrol it'll be from a leak at the breather hose where it joins the tank, fuel gets sucked in from beneath the airbox, should be obvious if it's the case

Thanks man I'll take a close look :clap:

I think those saws use two types of breathers one is like a snorkel one is just in the tank like will said go to the IPL in my sig and see if we are on the same page .

When setting the carb to factory specs, do I take the limiter cap off the h jet and seat it? Or leave it on and adjust front there?

Well if you have a tach and can get the saw to run at 14000 with the H no need to take the limiter cap off. If the saw is running much more rpms it is too lean you will need to take the cap off to go richer to slow it down a bit . Now keep in mind you need to set the Low jet first. To do that set the LA screw at 3600 then turn the L screw either way to get the highest rpm then turn the LA screw back to 3600 then turn the L screw richer counter clockwise till its running at 2800 rpms. Finally set the Max rpms at 14000 using the H screw.

Latest posts

Back