Suggestions to Repair Fuel Tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litefoot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
attachment.php

I've got an Italian Castor CP45 I'm repairing and I thought I'd ask your opinion on a fuel line repair. See the picture above. The fuel line from the carb connects to a o-ringed nipple which pokes into a recess into the fuel tank/flywheel cover. The line in the tank (connected to the filter is completely rotted out, but since it connects to the impossible-to-reach upper corner of the tank, I thought about eliminating the plastic nipple, drilling a hole into the tank as shown, adding a grommet and running Tygon straight from the carb into the tank using the new hole. Wadya think?

BTW, this a pretty neat little saw (45cc).

Could we have a photo of the fuel tank and where the line goes in that is so hard to get to? Once you start modifying (drilling new holes) there is no going back. If this was a common saw that wouldn't bother me, but how would get a different part for this one if something gets messed up??

How did they get the line on when they made it? I wonder if you could feed some wire through the recess and into the tank then out the gas cap hole. Run new fuel line back over wire, then reach in with tweezers/ or something and push the line over the fitting in the tank. Might be doable if the fit isn't too tight, lube the end of fuel line to make it go on easier, easy for me to say I know.

How did they get the line on when they made it? I wonder if you could feed some wire through the recess and into the tank then out the gas cap hole. Run new fuel line back over wire, then reach in with tweezers/ or something and push the line over the fitting in the tank. Might be doable if the fit isn't too tight, lube the end of fuel line to make it go on easier, easy for me to say I know.

:agree2::agree2:

Thanks for the input. guys. I discovered that there is a fuel channel molded into the inside corner of the tank running from the recessed hole toward the filler cap hole. Not easy to get to, but doable.

Back