The mini mill...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stipes

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to get back out and use it....After the cuts,,my square is out about 1/4 a inch ...Checked the bar,,perfect,,,but in the mini mill itself..Gonna take it to work and surface gind it square...All in all,,I'm pleased...Was a good fun day,,but so cold...Wish I could have cut alot more boards,,but when I get my setup down to pat things will be faster,,but these boards,,I think turned out pretty damn good....Hope you all enjoy the pictures,,and thanks to all that give advice,,tips,,post things for others...I'm so glad I got into this,,it is so much fun,,and relaxing...I always cut just fire wood,,but now,,this makes things so much better,,dont feel like I'm wasting things,,and can have and make things that will last a lifetime..Thanks all..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last pics..

Blow all the dust off with a air hose,,and my friends seen how they came out and was amazed..They couldnt believe you can get such a smooth cut with a CSM....I still have a ton of stuff to learn,,but for a newbie,,,I'm happy,,and so supprised myself how smooth it came out...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow, nice pic's!
You will catch yourself all the time looking at a tree or a log...."firewood..........or.............mill?"

RD

Nice job Stipes!

Hold on,.. before you grinding your mill. On my mini mill on the handle side the bolt holes are slotted. My mill did not come square / perpendicular to the log surface. I noticed this also after my first beam cut. Take the nuts off on the handle side and you'll see what I mean. I set my mill up on its rail guide (2 x 6) and looked at the cross bar. On the rail side it was an 1" , on the handle side it was 1 3/32" or thereabouts (bigger than 1 1/8"). To adjust I loosened the nuts and got it to an inch on both side and its square now, or closer. Check it out :chainsaw: What size mill, and what saw, what are you cutting? You got alot done yesterday!

That's nice. Makes me want to get my mill out but I go under the knife for a knee re-construction a week from monday so I'll be out for a while. But I can spend time here and enjoy. :cheers:

Big Jake, hope everything goes fine with the knee. All I can say is do the physical therapy and the exercises. It will help minimize the scar tissue and get you back on your feet. With any luck you'll be skiing Taos this winter!! :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back