The Ms441 just came in today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried out the saw today and I am bery impressed with it. I have never owned a saw in its class that cut as well as this 441. I had a ms440 and the 575xp and they did not cut as well as this one.

I have had a 441 setting up on the shelf that I picked up at husvarna demo days from a husqvarna rep of all guys. They had the a 441 that you could use to compare to the 575 and 372 and the 200t to compare to the 338 xp. Anyways, the rep made a comment that anyone who wanted the 441 could have it for $500 cash and it was literally like new, still had the made in germany clear as day on the front, so I bought it as a backup to my 460 which just got smashed. So with a bum knee I pulled it down today fueled it up put a 32" bar and made a rsc for it,hobbled out back and put it into a 24" maple round and have to say I was really impressed. I ran an 044 for years with a 32" on it and the 441 just flat out destroys it and if it cuts any slower than my 460 did I couldn't tell it. typically I run 24" bars all day and this saw is pretty ok with me. I would assume they don't offer a muffler upgrade for it but have to say that it is quite a bit louder than my 460 stock was. Lesson learned, don't bash it till ya try it. And just for the heck of it I weighed it on my digital scale,dry weight I came up with 14.2.

I bought this saw a week ago and seems to be in really good shape. The chain and bar are suppose to be original and look that way. My camera is giving me the quits so these are the best pictures I can take right now. I hope to try it out tomorrow, but I think I should get a 20" bar as this one is a little short.

100_1513.jpg

100_1515.jpg

100_1516.jpg

good looking saw. how do you like it so far? hey where in georgia? suwanee here

Latest posts

Back