Theres an outhouse in there....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

One of the guys I work with wants to have an outhouse so he doesnt have to go inside all the time when hes working outside. We cut all the boards 5/8, White Ash.

Pretty ash log... I like working with ash in the shop, have a bunch of it from a tree that blew down in my Dad's woods couple years ago. Unfortunately its one of those woods that customers for some reason think is less desirable than oak, even though most couldn't tell the difference between a table made from either.

As for the "redneck air conditioning"... I have one of those in one end of my shop heading out a window, and opening a window on the other end clears out fumes, fine sawdust etc in a hurry.

On the outhouse... gosh wouldn't it be comical if that thing kinda collapsed in on him while he was doing his business?:clap: Maybe with a little help from his "friends"?

LOL....I want to be there when has to get it from his barn to where he is going to set it. NO tractor, skid, nothing to lift it!!! His wife is in on it too, she went out and got the toilet seat, and paper holder....A family affair.

Id trade all the Ash I can get ahold of for some softwood, Cedar, Pine, Doug Fir.....Im tired of Hardwood!!!! I have some nice White Oak, and White Ash logs if anywants to trade some!!!

Woods

I do live in the woods. 3 acres in an old neighborhood 1890's vintage. Lot's of cherry and walnut(18) trees. Plenty of the stuff in my neighbors yards blows down to keep me in firewood and now lumber.

Larry

CaseyForrest said:
Id trade all the Ash I can get ahold of for some softwood, Cedar, Pine, Doug Fir.....Im tired of Hardwood!!!! I have some nice White Oak, and White Ash logs if anywants to trade some!!!

Casey, too bad we don't live closer, I just sliced up the bottom 8 ft of a huge white pine, and have access to another 500 ft of white pine if I wanted to take it. I don't have as much use for pine as I do hardwood, and would trade you in a heartbeat. If gas wasn't so expensive, I'd throw couple hundred ft in the van and meet you halfway one weekend, but alas, the transportation cost would be more than the wood is worth, or at least more than what I can get hardwood for, which is almost always FREE not counting my time. (oh yeah, and couple grand worth of saws and mills) :)

Id trade all the Ash I can get ahold of for some softwood, Cedar, Pine, Doug Fir.....Im tired of Hardwood!!!! I have some nice White Oak, and White Ash logs if anywants to trade some!!![/QUOTE]

Ah, ya, I got a $5 for a $10. If you want a spin to the big apple, bring that oak out here, I'll buy ya a few beers and show ya the Empire State building. On your way home you pick a few white pine boards I got, over in New Jersey, and we''ll be buddies. Sounds like you need to move out east Casey.

Family is in Frederick, MD. I try to get back home a couple times a year, would be nothing to hitch the trailer and drop a load of hardwood along the way. If anyone is near the turnpike, maybe we could set something up!!!!

Casey,
Is there realy no pine logs down in your area? If you do come up here,we'll get you some pine and cedar.
Mark

If you REALLY wanted some SYP, I could get you all you shake a stick at. In my area pines are like weeds. Only 1299.11 miles according to mapquest. :laugh:

I'd take all the northern white oak and ash I could get my hands on. The white oak here is not to great for cabinet grade lumber.

Last edited:
There are pine and cedar here, but nothing anyone doesnt want top $ for, and nothing you'd really want to pay top $ for. There are more Blue Spruce, Scotch Pine, a few Norway Spruce, and I have yet to see any Doug Fir worth mentioning.

Theres a guy in Potterville with a bandmill set-up, and a nice log yard, most of what I see in his yard is White Pine and Oak. I stopped by Saturday, after I milled the planks for that outhouse, but he was gone.

I would love to have some decent hardwood, all I have access to here is Red Alder (semi hard) and Broad Leaf Maple (semi hard). I have Douglas Fir, Hemlock, & Spruce.
Wish we could span the distance without having to pay for the fuel.

Interesting how in different parts of the country (world) one mans trash wood is another mans treasure wood. Nature of the beast. With transportation costs rising through the roof, I guess we'll all just have to get even more used to dealing with wood that is only available locally, or pay relatively higher prices for anything else. I feel fortunate that here on the east coast we do seem to have a more diverse mix of species than the midwest or even out west. Not strutting or trying to ruffle any feathers, just making an observation.:(

CaseyForrest said:
attachment.php

... the last is some redneck air conditioning.

Hey, I have exactly the same air conditioning!! Keeps the engine smoke away too!

I also have a Colemen portable generator (1850watt) to run it when th e cord won't reach more han a few miles.

Nice nice wood...

CaseyForrest said:
attachment.php

... the last is some redneck air conditioning.

Hey, I have exactly the same air conditioning!! Keeps the engine smoke away too!

I also have a Colemen portable generator (1850watt) to run it when the cord won't reach more than a few miles.

Nice nice wood...

Back