thinking of buying this ms260...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nice saw, but I think it's priced a little high.
I like the 026 series saws, but I'd spend the same amount and buy a Home Depot tool room Makita DCS642120Q for $322 at the Bothell store.
Before you purchase any used saws, invest a few dollars in a compression gauge as looks can be deceiving when purchasing used chainsaws.

It's a nice saw, but I think it's priced a little high.
I like the 026 series saws, but I'd spend the same amount and buy a Home Depot tool room Makita DCS642120Q for $322 at the Bothell store.
Before you purchase any used saws, invest a few dollars in a compression gauge as looks can be deceiving when purchasing used chainsaws.

Thanks for the input. As it turns out this "excellent" claimed 260 had a small crack in the handle that I was told not to worry about. I worried and passed on that one. The hunt goes on.

Does this seem like a fair price if it hasn't been rebuilt with china parts? Or, should look for a better deal?

I would think $200 to $250 should buy a pretty nice used 026 or 260, if you wheel and deal a little bit. I've bought more than one very nice saw for $100 on Craigslist! :)

If you are handy with tools and 2-stroke motors, you might want to consider buying a worn out 026 and installing the MS260's 44.7mm piston/cylinder on it. I'm re-building a saw with that setup right now and it's a really nice little setup.

Ray

$350 will buy you a Dolmar 5105 branded as a Maruyama on Amazon with enough change for a few nice six packs of beer. I'd rather have a new 5105 than a Craigslist saw the same size for the same price.

Latest posts

Back