Thoughts on Wallenstein splitters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNfarmer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Going to look at one tomorrow.. anyone have one here? Likes.. dislikes? My cousin has one and likes it, but doesn't cut much wood. Anyone know if they hold up well? The one I'm looking at is the 540. Price is $2295. Seems kind of high to me.. but are they worth it?

I bought the Wallenstein three point splitter a few months ago. Seems to be ok- probably middle of the line. But its definitely welded solid. When i was looking, it was cheaper than most competitor's similar model.

Rental house down the road uses them, thay says something about the quality. I rented one once and it worked fine. They have some of the same ergonomic problems that others have but at least the engine exhaust is pointed away from the operator unlike some others:confused: The one I used had a Honda powerplant which is always a plus.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up buying the splitter. They had one left at a lower price, so I was able to get it for $2100. Haven't used it yet, but it looks pretty sweet!! Thanks for your help!

Post us a few pics if you can. I had a hydraulic feed PTO brush chipper from Wallenstein........ it was a well made unit. They generally make a good product, i'd be surprised if you weren't happy with it.

I bought the Wallenstein three point splitter a few months ago. Seems to be ok- probably middle of the line. But its definitely welded solid. When i was looking, it was cheaper than most competitor's similar model.

We were looking at their 3 point splitter for a tractor before we decided to build our own for the backhoe. According to a friend of ours up North in Canada, he said the Wallenstein (EMB MFG) were a class act, and made good solid equipment for a decent price. I think you will be happy with your new purchase, congrats Brandon !!

Thanks for the info Icreek. I might have time today to try it out, if I do I'll report back how it goes!! :clap:

Back