To all wannabe big-slab-table builders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brmorgan

Brmorgan

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just picked up the new Fine Woodworking magazine (no. 206, July/August '09), and to my delight they have a big 6-page spread detailing the process of building a table from a single big, thick slab. It goes thru everything from selecting a slab to using a router sled to flatten it and even installing butterfly keys. If it's something you've been coinsidering doing for the first time like me, or maybe even not the first time, it might be worth checking out.

I know all this info is available in various threads here on AS too, but there's just something I like about having a hardcopy magazine article in front of me as well while I work.

Brmorgan

Brmorgan

Addicted to ArboristSite
LOL... Would love to, but Fine Woodworking / Taunton Press are the same guys who published the Malloff book, so that would probably be inadvisable at best, eh? I think most of their articles are downloadable from the website for a fee though, might be cheaper than the drive.

Latest posts