Tornado wood score......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Cherry(for the mill)
oak
ash
walnut(for the mill)

Ran over a nail(storm debris) on the front tire on my tractor & had to walk/jog 2 miles home for a plug kit.....

There are some monster trees down(root ball & all) that I have permission to get, red oak, ash & beech. Getting to them will be interesting due to the craters left by the roots.

Gifts from the wind God:

wood019.jpg

The two ash logs on top really made the tractor grunt to load them with the forks

wood018.jpg

Cherry is on the bottom

nice. I really like burning ash. Be sure to post pics of those big ones!

whats that large white stucture for. . .

It's a 30x50 arched steel building(quonset hut). We put an apt in the rear of it(14'x30) with a loft bedroom. It is a temp home until I get the log/modified timber frame house built.

Kinda wish I had done a 50x100 & made half of it into our home....cheap, dry & unique.........

RD

When did you get a tornado? I didn't hear about one lately. I heard that they sounded alarms over in Rogersville the other day. It had been so long sense they sounded one no one knew what they were. I was under the impression that nothing touched down though. Any damage beyond trees?

It's a 30x50 arched steel building(quonset hut). We put an apt in the rear of it(14'x30) with a loft bedroom. It is a temp home until I get the log/modified timber frame house built.

Kinda wish I had done a 50x100 & made half of it into our home....cheap, dry & unique.........

RD

that's very cool.

4season, it was last fri around 6pm-ish. I was driving home up 25E and saw the thing crossing over Clinch Mtn. It had twin tendrils at that time not touching the ground. When I got home I found out it had bounced along Copper Ridge(Thorn Hill TN) which is 1/2 a mile away as the crow flys. Destroyed a couple of older barns & ripped half a roof off a couple of houses. More trees down than anything else.

Richard_, here is a quick pic but if you want to "read all about it" go here for the building thread w/pic's. Way cheaper to build than buying a trailer & much more sturdy. Besides I got a place to live and a 30x36 workshop:cheers:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/97429-truth-about-arched-steel-buildings.html

Snow2009015Small.jpg

Last edited:
4season, it was last fri around 6pm-ish. I was driving home up 25E and saw the thing crossing over Clinch Mtn. It had twin tendrils at that time not touching the ground. When I got home I found out it had bounced along Copper Ridge(Thorn Hill TN) which is 1/2 a mile away as the crow flys. Destroyed a couple of older barns & ripped half a roof off a couple of houses. More trees down than anything else.

Richard_, here is a quick pic but if you want to "read all about it" go here for the building thread w/pic's. Way cheaper to build than buying a trailer & much more sturdy. Besides I got a place to live and a 30x36 workshop:cheers:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/97429-truth-about-arched-steel-buildings.html

Snow2009015Small.jpg

hahah i should've known a tractor forum! im signing up.

Back