Tree Identification, Please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyB

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hoping this is the right place to ask a question as to what kind of tree is this. I suspect an Elm of some sort but would love to know for sure. We are located in East Texas, the tree is about 25ft tall. Pics below, hope they help. I can snap more if needed.
Thank you!
Scott

trunk.jpgleaf.jpgtree.jpg

Hey, thanks for the replies! Yeah, kind of looks like either of those. I guess we'll wait for some sort of acorn action.
Thanks again!

Hey thanks, Raintree, sure looks close to me, too. This has turned out to be much harder than I thought it would be. :/ I wonder if I could send photo to county extension and get a definite answer? I may try that.

The leaf attachment leads me more towards a chestnut than a sawtooth oak, but yes, and don't just call the county extension office, swing by and say hi, with a sample... promise you, an hour spent with your local office will answer questions you didn't even know you had... always great folks and resources IMHO

Latest posts

Back