Tree Job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkpoor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A guy at work wants a couple of trees down in front of his house and offers to pay me to do it. He says there is nothing for them to hit. Sounds like a gravy job especially since I don't have to do any cleanup. Just drop them and leave for 100.00 a piece. WOW! Till I go and see the job. I guess his idea of nothing to hit and mine are TOTALLY different. Yeh they won't hit anything if they fall in exactly the right spot within 10'. Both are pine trees straight and tall 15' from the house and one has wires right through it. He pointed out the wires would not be a problem if the tree falls straight to the south. I guess maybe the good thing is they are tall enough and close enough to the house if they fell on it they might not damage it as they would hit before any momentum was built up. Basically they might just rest against it and then they could hire a real tree company to finish the job hehehehehehe. Oh and one other thing......his father-n-law is his insurance agent and I asked if he had told him what and how he wants to take down these trees. I told him to pose the question as if he himself were doing the work would insurance pay. He said it was just fine....YEH RIGHT.
Last year I did a job similar for a friend where it was a real possibility for things to go wrong. Well they didn't but just prior to the first cut he got real nervous and almost called it off. I wonder what an insurance company would say if a home owner fell a tree on his own house? I know it happens everyday but I've heard the out come.

Trying to get a homeowners insurance company to pay for damage done by a tree feller for hire.........is insurance fraud!
I wouldn't be for hire until after both were successfully felled. I would just be a friend helping a friend. I will only let the stupid go so far! Lololllhehehe. Thats why I asked the question about insurance liability if the home owner does his own work. He will be doing his own work with my help. If all goes well I'll get a 200.00 thank you. If all goes ill I'll run like the wind and claim I never saw the guy before hehehehehe.
If it were mine I would rent a cherry picker and take it down piece by piece slowly and safely. But my guess is they already talked to the tree people and we all know the story from there. Everytime I get a call its always the second third or forth one. If you get my drift.
I've yet had one go the wrong way but this guy thinks that means it never will. I told him its like driving.....just because you never had an accident before doesn't mean you never will.

Latest posts

Back