Ultra High Tech DIY Removal Tool for Pen Tips.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I recently got a couple Acrylic blanks and I had never worked with them before so On my first tI'me out I made a mess...lol Long story short, the blank kept chipping and I kept trimming it back till finally, it was too short. So I had to take it all apart...how to do it without ruining the nice glossy black pen tip? Hmmmm...

(This is where I get all Ultra High Tech and Mr. Science like... ) ;)

After snapping the rest of the Acrylic blank off the tube, im left with the tube and the tip that is pressed in and not wanting to come out easily.
I took two washers, 1/4" ID and slid them down the shaft and they stopped against the tip. then i used two with a bigger ID but 5/8 OD and did the same, i kept stacking with bigger washers till i had a good sized surface to hit with a small hammer. then I stuck an old drill bit that fit almost perfectly in the tube and clamped the tube in a vise, with the bit inside it, you can hold the tube really tight as it doesn't flatten out. a couple love taps and the tip came off with no damage. (pics of this awesome invention below)

This tip may help someone, or it may not... but if so.. cool.

tremoval-tool-1-L.jpg

removal-tool-two-L.jpg

Back