Update, Huskee 22 ton.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebuilt the cylinder on Saturday. Pretty simple ordeal. The hardest part was getting the piston out of the cylinder after removing the retaining ring. About a 2 hour job start to finish and a $50 seal kit and it works great.
View attachment 979135View attachment 979136View attachment 979137View attachment 979138
Is there anyway you could explain the process of getting to the retaining ring and how you pulled piston out. I have the whole cylinder off the splitter and am now tryign to figure out how to remove the retaining ring. I can't even see it. There is a little hole on the outter ring of the cylunder...do i put something in there and smack it back?

I used a large punch and carefully drove the retaining cap back to expose the circlip that seats in a groove in the cylinder. Once that was removed, I used the eye of the fully extended rod with a piece of round stock through it to pull/hammer the rod/piston assy out. The cylinder was still attached to the splitter on the other end to hold it in place. Used a couple pieces of wood to prop the rod above the splitter rail. ItThere is a YT was pretty tight getting the piston out but some penetrating oil helped. There is a YT video showing the process and I'll link it if I can find it again.

Splitter Seal

Latest posts

Back