us stove 1557m , 1537g

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1557m

I also have used the 1557M for 3 winters now. I didn't clean my ash pan enough I guess, mine was warped so much it doesn't fit together anymore and now I know why :) I have been altering my setup since day one, using different ducting and blowers and limit switches and for this season I decided to do what Laynes did. I'm going to have my main 100K btu furnace push the air through the wood furnace into the existing ducting. I'm having a family friend install it because I'm not good with the square ducting. I will post pictures when it's completed. Here is a pic of what it is currently. I'm not getting enough airflow upstairs and I'm pushing the colder air from the basement through the furnace instead of the warmer air upstairs which will not be the case very soon.

Try to match your in and out with your current duct trunk sizes. If I get this new one, it will be bigger and allow for more airflow. I just took a sawzall and enlarged mine, just put them side by side.

Ok so I bought the 1557m with the air induction blower. Not so sure this was a good idea. I spent 3 days putting this bugger in and now i'm ready to fire it up. So i plug it in and the air induction fan is blowing (with no fire in the fire pot). I turned the thermostat all the way down and it still runs. I turn the thermo all the way up and it still runs. So what is going to happen when there is a roaring fire in there and the blower dosen't stop running.:confused:

Ok so I bought the 1557m with the air induction blower. Not so sure this was a good idea. I spent 3 days putting this bugger in and now i'm ready to fire it up. So i plug it in and the air induction fan is blowing (with no fire in the fire pot). I turned the thermostat all the way down and it still runs. I turn the thermo all the way up and it still runs. So what is going to happen when there is a roaring fire in there and the blower dosen't stop running.:confused:

Check yer wiring. If you wired it properly, the thermostat will control when the draft induction blower kicks on or not.

Check yer wiring. If you wired it properly, the thermostat will control when the draft induction blower kicks on or not.

That's the first thing i thought. I can hear the electric switch "click" when i change the temp on the thermo yet the fan still runs. Do you know where i can find a wiring diagram for the draft induction. I can get the original wiring diagram from the us stove wedsite, but not the upgarde.

You guys are great!! Thanks so much for the info.

Latest posts

Back