Used Hardy OWB?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hosted

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I found someone locally that has a Hardy H2 OWB for sale. He said it is 2 years old and only used for 1 year. They are an older couple that just decided to go with Geothermal instead. I was wondering if anyone on here has a Hardy and how they liked them? How do they stack up against everyone else in the business? I'm a little weary to get a standard OWB because I have neighbors I don't want to make mad. He is asking $4000 for it and thought it might be an alright deal for $3500. If someone here says otherwise though I keep looking to see what I can find. Thanks in advance.

The hardys are pretty popular in my area , 3500.00 sounds pretty good , I feel that there a good unit . Are you hooking it up yourself , just beware there is quite a bit of work and materials involved . Be sure to check if it wasn't used for one year that it was drained , or maybe its still in use , that would be my only concern . The ones I pass on the way to work don't seem to smoke real bad . I would think new they would be at least 6500.00 . They are stainless construction as far as the firebox is concerned .

$4,000 sounds a little high, you might want to check what the price is on a new Hardy. IIRC the H2's were a little over $5,000 last year, and they now have a 25 year warranty.

I purchased a used H2 (1987 vintage) last summer and have been heating with it all season. I'd buy another one if this one goes bad.

Last edited:
WE have three in the family, and about 9 within 5 miles radius. Hardy H2 and H4 models are very popular in Mid Missouri. The price might depend on what you have to do, unhook it, move it, etc. I would think $3500 would be a fair price to offer.

Latest posts

Back