Used, Woodworker's Mill today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Back in Jan. I posted that i had ordered a Logosol M7 mill....then I had to cancel the order.
Logosol was very, very good about it. In the mean time, I thought I might be better served with the Woodworker's Mill.
Put together last weekend, had a little spare time this afternoon. Dad needs
4, 2X8X7ft for his corral. Milled a Post Oak, that I had cut last Fall.

Mill came with 4, 16" Picco milling chains and a few other goodies, I also ordered
a Picco sprocket for 066. Boards are 7 1/2ft. It took 60 to 75 seconds to cut each 8in wide board......got to go clean up, Mom and Dad are coming over for supper, and to pickup Dad's lumber.

PICT0031.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0039.jpg

Last edited:
Your dad should be very pleased with those boards. Nice job and nice looking mill!:clap: :cheers:

nice lookin' mill. sounds like it saws pretty fast. ol' dad might think those boards look too good for the corral! great job.

Thanks,

Looks as if my milling is going to have to wait, Ole Dad has another
project and it's going to take a bit more lumber than 3 or 4 boards.....but
that's OK :)

One thing about this little mill, I can pick it up and walk off with it, weight is 87lbs. I carried it about 30 yards, to be under the Elm tree for shade, then carried it to stock trailer to keep it out of the weather and lock it up. It fits perfect on a little 4'X6' ATV trailer I have. The Stihl 63 PMX ripping chain seems to do a nice job.

Milled some White Oak today.

Had to use my 20" Picco bar, found two of these NOS 20" Picco
bars on ebay about a year ago
Untitled-2-1.jpg

This what was left after cutting from top down then,
turning over and cutting down again, Mill cuts very sq. for a CSM
Untitled-3-1.jpg

From 2007 ice storm
Untitled-5-1.jpg

Center out of log in first picture.....
Untitled-4-1.jpg

Going to try to make a rustic table out of boards on left
Untitled-7-1.jpg

Nice stuff Gary! I like the mill more and more every time I see it. Be sure to post us some pics of the table when you get er done.:cheers:

Good looking wood Gary,

Thanks for the pix. Love that mill. Very well thought out design. What the difference from a regular M7, Is it just a bit smaller?

Good looking wood Gary,

Thanks for the pix. Love that mill. Very well thought out design. What the difference from a regular M7, Is it just a bit smaller?

It's 1/2 the length of M7.

Nice stuff Gary! I like the mill more and more every time I see it. Be sure to post us some pics of the table when you get er done.:cheers:

Soon, as it's dry. :)

I would like to buy another carriage, so I can have a smaller saw set
up for edging or cutting 8" or narrower boards.....maybe an 026 or 036.
066 is to much saw in these cases. 066 in pic is my $225 pawn shop
saw and she is doing a good job so far.....brake handle is broken off but really don't need it on mill.

PICT0016.jpg

saw and she is doing a good job so far.....brake handle is broken off but really don't need it on mill. QUOTE=]

I've been following a few on Flea-bay. Have too really be careful though, while I've always made out in the past, most times the 066 looks really beat and still in the $400+ range with shipping. When I get into that much money, I'd like to "play the instrument" before buying. $225 is a great buy! :clap: I've been trying to go with a tried and true 066 or 394-395xp, but I'd love to find a big Dolmar 166 or 9010 since I've had great luck with them.

Last edited:
saw and she is doing a good job so far.....brake handle is broken off but really don't need it on mill. QUOTE=]

I've been following a few on Flea-bay. Have too really be careful though, while I've always made out in the past, most times the 066 looks really beat and still in the $400+ range with shipping. When I get into that much money, I'd like to "play the instrument" before buying. $225 is a great buy! :clap: I've been trying to go with a tried and true 066 or 394-395xp, but I'd love to find a big Dolmar 166 or 9010 since I've had great luck with them.

I don't know if you would want to burn up a 166 on a mill. Parts are too scarce. The 9010 is a different story. Also Husky 2100s aren't too hard to find nor are parts.

Mark

TriggerTime,

Nice to see another Logosol owner. I have a WWM also and love it. The boards it makes are very consistent and using it is much easier on the body compared to a TimberJig or Alaskan mill where you have to push the saw and/or you are bent over.

Ted

TriggerTime,

Nice to see another Logosol owner. I have a WWM also and love it. The boards it makes are very consistent and using it is much easier on the body compared to a TimberJig or Alaskan mill where you have to push the saw and/or you are bent over.

Ted

Ted, are you using 63PMX (picco) chain?

Trigger-Time,

Yup on the 16" and 24" bars. I use regular 3/8" chain on the 36" bar. The PMX chain (from Logosol) has performed very well. I've thought of using Woodsman Pro ripping chain from Baileys, but havent yet.

Ted

Trigger-Time,

Yup on the 16" and 24" bars. I use regular 3/8" chain on the 36" bar. The PMX chain (from Logosol) has performed very well. I've thought of using Woodsman Pro ripping chain from Baileys, but havent yet.

Ted

Ted, do you know that you can buy 16" Picco bars from
Stihl, last one I bought was $32.

Gary

Latest posts

Back