varied 395xp questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not seen carnage of it either. Just what a builder that used to be on here has said. I don't like to turn those big saws more than needed any way. I tune the 066 down around 13k as that seems to make good power and clean up in the cut with a nice plug color.

I've run two 3/4" pipes, and I'm sure that's over 80%. Don't over think muffler mods.

I am no saw builder by any means so don't take this the wrong way but too much opening would result in loss of power correct? If not then we would just be pulling the muffler's off lol.

I am no saw builder by any means so don't take this the wrong way but too much opening would result in loss of power correct? If not then we would just be pulling the muffler's off lol.

You'd have to go pretty darn far to reduce power, even then, I don't think its anything to worry about. Timberwolf did a test on it, and found that he could run a huge opening with no loss.

How much do you think a new OLD carbeurator for you saw cost?

Madsens or Woods might be able to help you out too.

Latest posts

Back