Victorian firewood season is open

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SES Vic Aus

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can those that have been out this season give a review of the spots.
I will start.
Mt Disappointment - no wood.
Kinglake - slim pickings no new trees down from last season.
Murrendindi - dont waste your time.
Dixons creek. A small amount left on St Pauls road, easy wood all gone. Other places impossible.
Let us know the type.
All the above are messmate.
When I go out I take the 380 and a 4m3 trailer behind a 4wd
Im Northen side and try to keep the drive under 90mins

Attachments

• 20160910_124445.jpg
    20160910_124445.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 52
Explain this to me. You mean in Australia you have a season as to when you can cut firewood?!?!?!

There is areas and times you can cut wood for free,the trees are felled for you.
It's is controlled by a guverment body and is open for so long and your allowed so my mtrs per home.
From what I have seen is there is never enough wood on the ground,the trees have been burnt from fuel reduction burns,the trees are poor quality and full of white ants.

There is areas and times you can cut wood for free,the trees are felled for you.
It's is controlled by a guverment body and is open for so long and your allowed so my mtrs per home.
From what I have seen is there is never enough wood on the ground,the trees have been burnt from fuel reduction burns,the trees are poor quality and full of white ants.

That SUCKS!

That SUCKS!
The forrests are half dead from bushfire in 09, most of the messmate is dead standing and not mill quality, yet they still drip feed fire wood supply.
They could just drop 1-2 acres a year and that would do, its 100, 000+ acres and regrowth from the 1939 wild fires, there is plenty for everyone.
It is well on the way to regrowing after 09.
Too many greenies who want to stop the most sustainable form of home heating.
There is 2 seasons when you can go to selected area's of state forrest spring and autumn and collect 2m3 per day up to 16m3 a year.
Most wood is mesmaite or peppermint gum or stringy bark, just ave wood at 700kg/m3 not the good stuff like box or redgum.

Latest posts

Back