Walbro carb rebuild on Stihl 015...HELP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchuck361

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have 2 springs and 2 check balls. The exploded view of the carb only shows 1 check ball and spring(# 21,22) and 1 spring (9)with the Inlet needle.

I know how the inlet needle and spring go together but where do the other spring and check ball go?

The carb was in pieces when I got it so I really have no idea. The exploded view shows the springs and check ball but not really clear as to where they go.

Any ideas on the 2nd check ball.

Last edited:
Is there a chance that you just have extra parts??? The part about it being aprt when you got it, is where the fu begins!!
I haven't been into an 015 carb for a long while now, but from memory, there is just one spring and ball and it's used to "click" the choke rod open and closed.

I know carb kits I get are somewhat universal,made to fit several of the same series of carbs. Maybe you have something like that. Or as stated extra parts.:cheers:

I don't know that carb...but I do know that some carb rebuild kits have extra parts (gaskets, diaphragms) because they have application to one or more iterations of the same or a slightly different carb.

There is a spring and ball for the choke shaft. It work as a detent. You can't get to it unless the shaft is removed. Is it?

Usually those carbs are not worth to put them back together, just seems that they are expendable and have a service life, probably why it was apart when you got it. I have spent waaay tooo many hours fiddling with those carbs on that model saw, new carb I say.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks guys!
The funny thing I did not mention was the springs and check balls are not from the rebuild kit. They were in the pile of parts that resembled a saw. The rebuild kit didn't have any springs or check balls in it.

No. The shaft is still in the saw and I will have to remove it to see if there is a check ball in there or not.

Well everything was going really good until I ended up with the extra parts. I think yall have shed some light on my problem and I believe I can carry on. Thanks again...

Oh, anyone got the front cover/handle with the oil and fuel cap that they might donate to the cause?

Latest posts

Back