Want your opinions on the Hud-Son Wolverine Model M-10-13

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genesis5521

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with the smaller Hud-Son firewood processors? I may be interested in their Model M-10-13 for $7,345.00. Here's a short video on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q4T20lNXj0 Does it look like junk, or does it look like it's worth the price? I don't sell firewood. I just make my own. But at 66 years old, I'm looking to reduce the amount of labor it takes. Even if I knew how (which I don't) I don't think I could make one for what they're selling this model for. It's right around the price of a really good log splitter. I was considering the SuperSplit, but I'd still have to buck, AND LIFT THE ROUNDS on to the splitter. With this Hud-Son, those processes are kinda automated.

Thanks in advance for your opinions/evaluations, both pro and con.

Don <><

Last edited:
firewood processor

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with the smaller Hud-Son firewood processors? I may be interested in their Model M-10-13 for $7,345.00. Here's a short video on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q4T20lNXj0 Does it look like junk, or does it look like it's worth the price? I don't sell firewood. I just make my own. But at 66 years old, I'm looking to reduce the amount of labor it takes. Even if I knew how (which I don't) I don't think I could make one for what they're selling this model for. It's right around the price of a really good log splitter. I was considering the SuperSplit, but I'd still have to buck, AND LIFT THE ROUNDS on to the splitter. With this Hud-Son, those processes are kinda automated.

Thanks in advance for your opinions/evaluations, both pro and con.

Don <><

If you want a small processor purchase the
smallest motorised manually operated Chomper
from Rainer Hydraulics or if you have a 40 horse
tractor you could purchase the Chomper P.T.O. Model
for even less money.

There is no handling of logs other than ataching
the winch cable to the log and you could do a lot
of custom work, or make fire wood for the bundle
market with the 8 way wedge

I don't like a few things about that.
1 You need to get small logs.
2 The logs they were splitting looked like they needed more splitting.More work later.
3 For that price Id expect it to have a circular saw attached that would cut the rounds instead of having to use the chain saw all day.
Lets face it your 66 and looking at processors so why not just buy wood already split and relax a bit.

Well, you have to buck the rounds anyway.

You planning on just buying logs and having them stacked so you can use the winch cable? Also, where the splits fall, will get filled up fast, you'll need a helper or have to stop and move/stack them, or also have a conveyor so you can split for awhile.

I don't see any huge advantage for the money as opposed to buying a normal splitter with a log lift. If it automagically cut them to size for you, maybe, but that model doesn't, it is you still doing the cutting. As such seems kind of expensive to me. Got to be a cheaper unit that is better out there. I'd say shop around more. Great thing about the internet, sure saves on driving time...

but..I split by hand now. If/when I go to commercial sales (actually seriously considering this, because I enjoy cutting/grunting rounds/splitting, etc., "woodrobics"), I'll do some sort of hydraulic splitter or processor, but until then it is Mr. Fiskars @ $40. And I'll be 60 in a coupla weeks....

got to admit...

If you want a small processor purchase the
smallest motorised manually operated Chomper
from Rainer Hydraulics or if you have a 40 horse
tractor you could purchase the Chomper P.T.O. Model
for even less money.

There is no handling of logs other than ataching
the winch cable to the log and you could do a lot
of custom work, or make fire wood for the bundle
market with the 8 way wedge

..got to admit, that is pretty slick. Pretty spendy, too. I like that shearing blade action.

No big trees though, got to use smaller trees. But...if custom cutting or ordering in log length, I guess that doesn't matter as much.

For personal use...hmm..I guess if you could get up a local wood co-op, say ten guys all needing their own wood, chip in, buy the unit, then contract for a real nice quantity of logs, get the best discount possible, then have a few weekend splitting parties and divvy up the splits until the logs are all gone. Say ten shares in the unit, someone wants out, they can sell their share back to the co-op or to someone new.

I can't see for one guy buying one though, just for personal use, if you got that kinda spare change, why bother, just buy your wood and have it stacked where you want it. Heck, get a big steel building, fill it up with ten year's worth of splits...

Back