Wants what!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ad in the Spokesman Review, Spokane, wa today:

"Wanted 2 cord dry Ponderosa pine, delivered, not rained on. Will pay $135/cord".

Doesn't seem to very particular. "not rained on" in an area that hasn't had but a few traces in the past month.

Harry K

That's what got my attention...well that and his rediculous idea that he can buy it for $135. $190 is more like it.

Harry K

is there something special about ponderosa pine?

or, is that all that's available in that area?

is there something special about ponderosa pine?

or, is that all that's available in that area?

Nothing special except it is pine which rates down near the bottom for firewood here...of course the top firewood here is Tamarack which ain't such a much in its own right :)

The $190 figure is about the bottom price in the ads. It is for "mixed" which would be stuff like lodgepole pine, spruce, etc.

Harry K

Ad in the Spokesman Review, Spokane, wa today:

"Wanted 2 cord dry Ponderosa pine, delivered, not rained on. Will pay $135/cord".

Doesn't seem to very particular. "not rained on" in an area that hasn't had but a few traces in the past month.

Harry K
Harry, I have about 8 cords of pine logs lying on the ground in 6' to 15' lengths from a dozen large pine trees that were blown down in June and thrown into a pile. Nobody wants it. Shame I can't afford to ship those to Washington FOB, so it looks like it will wind up as shredder fodder. :monkey:

Harry, I have about 8 cords of pine logs lying on the ground in 6' to 15' lengths from a dozen large pine trees that were blown down in June and thrown into a pile. Nobody wants it. Shame I can't afford to ship those to Washington FOB, so it looks like it will wind up as shredder fodder. :monkey:

If you heat with wood, you should use it yourself. Not great firewood but it has heated houses out here since the area was settled. Can't see the point in just letting it rot if you can use it.

Harry K

If you heat with wood, you should use it yourself. Not great firewood but it has heated houses out here since the area was settled. Can't see the point in just letting it rot if you can use it.

Harry K
He's probably just like me. I have two large pine trees at a guys house that he wants me to cart off, and every time I think about going over there and cutting them up, I think, "Hmm, I could go over there and sniff some exhaust for awhile. Nope, I got to take care of the oak that I got first. Aint worth my time for the pine when there is oak on the ground."
Your priorities change when better stuff comes along. The local sawmill has a pile of slabs that has got to be over 20 feet tall, all pine, and the guy cant get anyone to come take them away. i went over there last winter just as a lark, i wanted to see how long it would take to load a 16 ft trailer. Just cut right down the stacks and heaved it in the trailer. Loaded as much as my trailer could carry in less than an hour.But, it was only pine.:censored:
If it was oak, I would set up a tent over there.....

Harry K
Holy cow! Harry, I just thought of something. That pine would be perfect for campfire wood, once it dries. I just uinstalled a big 30" dia. in-ground campfire pit in my back yard patio. I haven't posted a Pic yet, but I will soon now that you've steered me towards that pine hoard. Campfires don't care much about creosote.

Harry, you're the greatest!

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back