Warning ..............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bob.......listen up. Whatever happened with that saw is between you and who you bought it from originally. If you didn't get what you bargained for take it up with who you bought it from............not the guy he mailed it to. Trace the problem back to it's beginning..........your seller screwed the pooch here. Was the guy in the middle a crook???? who cares, it was the seller that mailed it to him........THAT'S WHO BEARS THE RESPONSIBILITY, PERIOD.

I'm not saying that what you said happened did or did not........but this kind of thread, with no proof provided, is always going to get canned. But even if he did what you say........IT'S THE SELLERS PROBLEM FOR SCREWING UP THE DELIVERY.
I partially agree, but I agree with Mcbob, and think all weasels should be known!

I partially agree, but I agree with Mcbob, and think all weasels should be known!

read the ENTIRE thread please...........or better yet ask mcbob how he thinks I handled it. I know Alain didn't like it, he reported the thread :laugh:

Weasel's were duly noted ;)

I did, and I gotcha! I was impressed. I had heard of this elsewhere, and not a saw site, but another sites some of us are friends on. Discovered the thread yesterday. I know this stuff can be a fine line, or grey area at times and you did us well. Thanks.

Well Trimmed after locking the thread and then me writting you asking for the chance you reopened the thread maybe Alains story to start with was believed but i assure you what his involvement was in removing and capitalizing on with my saw is correct i suppose what i wrote about him hurt and so it should this went on for weeks because of Alain all it would have taken was to readdress the boxes from Daniel Matchett to me
instead of abusing me and calling me a cheat after he had the saws in his home i got the crap stuff ........ Trimmed if this had been you you would be ropeable too.

No doubt theres no amount of debating that will get this wrong righted so i'll leave it as i will restore the saw which i'm in the process of now doing, i feel the yellow hornet hj Alain has om his site has some of my parts.

Thanks Trimmed for reopening the thread and letting me say my piece.

McBob

Last edited:
results

To say i'm a little peeved off would be right below is a list of the bits Alain swapped out on the saw i bought from Dan Matchett.

Removed and fitted in its place a stuffed and worn out manual oiler with no thumb button

Removed or swapped my gearbox which had a brass tag on it with his which had no tag

Removed and swapped out my magneto and its guard with the hornet logo on it

Swapped the clutch cable mine was in good condition but his was badly worn

Alain had the photos of my saw from the ebay sale page which showed him exactly what my saw looked like

Alain you lied to me and abused me when i only asked for my saw to be shipped to California i even offered to pay the extra shipping so i could get my saw
or what was left of it i only wish i lived closer than 8000 miles away than you would have gotten a visit off me in person and i wasnt a happy chappie i tell you

McBob.

McBob,

I don't understand why you focus all your contempt towards Alain. He would not have had the chance to do what he did, if Dan Matchett hadn't sent the saw to him in the begining. From the various statements I have read in this thread, it does sound like the mis-shipping was NOT an accident. Dan is the one that needs to settle things with you. The saw you recieved was not the saw you paid for, so he is responsible for paying you the difference in value or else returning all your money upon return of the saw. Because he is the one that screwed up, I think he should pay for the shipping costs as well. If he wants to recupe his loss in the deal, he needs to be the one going after Alain.
Just my two cents...
Rick

McBob,

I don't understand why you focus all your contempt towards Alain. He would not have had the chance to do what he did, if Dan Matchett hadn't sent the saw to him in the begining. From the various statements I have read in this thread, it does sound like the mis-shipping was NOT an accident. Dan is the one that needs to settle things with you. The saw you recieved was not the saw you paid for, so he is responsible for paying you the difference in value or else returning all your money upon return of the saw. Because he is the one that screwed up, I think he should pay for the shipping costs as well. If he wants to recupe his loss in the deal, he needs to be the one going after Alain.
Just my two cents...
Rick

Rick yes in a way your right it was his stuff up that let this happen but again Alain was good enough to write me and tell me what a fool Dan was then in the next email i have them all here told me the saw wasn't at his address Alain had it alright no doubt about that from the papertrail i have here and i have the abusive emails as well just in case Alain is reading this thread as well.

This fella thought he was going to get away with this deception but i offered to go to his local police and pursue the issue Dan did end up paying the extra to get it shipped from Quebec to Orange California he paid that cost direct to Alain ............ Alain was never out of pocket just stubbon in his handling of this whole situation.

McBob.

P.S I have a lot of dealings with your fellow countrymen and all have been great in making sure things turned out better than expected it took one bad apple namely Alain to leave a bad taste in my mouth.
i will no doubt keep dealing with fellows from both sides of the Canadien border but not Alain once burnt twice shy.

Last edited:
I wonder why Craporal30 has gone mute on this subject ??

The old adage, " a picture is worth a thousand words" seems to prove there is a rat in the cellar.

Sure the "seller" is ultimately responsible in the end, no argument here.

How ever, any HONEST person wouldn't strip, swap, switch or STEAL parts from from a piece of equipment he received "by mistake".

To do so makes that person,(CRAPORL30), a THIEF. He should be held responsible for his dishonesty.

What say you CRAPORL30 ?? If your not guilty of dishonesty,(theft of another mans' property) how do you explain all of this?

Hey guys, please don't misunderstand my last post. I totally agree that Alain is a lowlife thief. There is no doubt of that in my mind at all. I was just saying, I think it sounds like Dan was in cahoots in the whole thing. Also from a legal point of view, I believe Dan is the only one you have recourse against. It will be up to him to press charges against Alain if he wishes to recover any losses he has after he (Dan) settles up with you.
As I see it, Dan sold you a collection of parts for an agreed price. He has not yet delivered all of those parts to you. Thanks to the pictures, there is no doubt of which parts you were supposed to recieve. He has a choice of either sending you the rest of the parts or sending you an acceptable refund.
Rick

Greendohn,

Just asking, did you intend to put the extra 'r' in his name ? I find it funny either way.

Rick

hhmmmmmmm

Sorry for going off topic.... and please don't yell at me .....

But it's kind of an ugly saw ! Opps incoming ! :beat_brick:

Sorry guys, I know it's the principal and all. I just never seen anything like it .

I was weak I couldn't resist !

I noticed he hasn't been back since the photos were posted. You would at least think a crook like him would claim they were photoshopped of some such BS. Like TRIMMED said earlier, " Weasels were noted".

I just hope that the OP gets a fair settlement from the seller.
Rick

PS Just for grins I checked his profile to see when he was last on the forum. 12-18-2011 just before the photos were posted. Very Interesting.

Last edited:
No responce

Well after all this time i see Alain has not only been here but now go's to another forum Smokestack to ply his ways maybe it too hard to explain and apologise.

Once a thief always a thief

Were oust thou Alain ????

McBob.

So this guy buys a saw off ebay, the seller then ships it to another guy, the other guy now has the saw and tells the buyer he will ship it to him for $160.00 USD. Why doesnt he just come out and say, "So youre being scammed, if you want the saw, send me $160.00 usd and ill strip all the good stuff off it and send you the saw with crappy stuff on it, then youll be out the $160.000 and what ever you sent the original seller cause now you HAVE the saw so on his end, all is well." ...lol

I would have said, to the seller: I want a refund Period.. no waiting till Ebay figures this out, you sent it to the middle man, you work it out with him, as for me and you? we are done, pay me!
And to the middle man: I dont want the saw, and I dont want you to contact me again, ever.

Scammers, theyll try any BS to get into your wallet. :angry:

Latest posts

Back