Weekend wood cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The state opened up some wood cutting areas with easy access. 2 cords of wood for $10. Cut this wood 6 miles from the front door.

Ran the 577 this weekend and she performed well. Not a blip. Not bad for $155 e-bay purchase.

attachment.php

I think I got my $10 worth

attachment.php

A sample of what they leave behind. Alder, Fir, and Hemlock

attachment.php

Finally got a chance to try out the new trailer after years of crawling into the canopy.

attachment.php

Made for a pretty good weekend, and the weather was great.

I would love a trailer like that! Been thinking of modifying the old two place snowmobile trailer with sides similar to yours. Good score!:clap: (On the saw and the wood!)

NICE:clap:
weather was much too warm here but i cut and split and stacked all i could stand.:D

NIce pile of easy wood, always nice when you can drive into the wood.

Too warm here as well, I just looked at the wood and started sweating, went through lots of ice cubes today.

Very warm here also but i cut and split 4 cord anyway but i did not stack it, had to draw the line somewhere:dizzy:

Very warm here also but i cut and split 4 cord anyway but i did not stack it, had to draw the line somewhere:dizzy:

Agree on the warm bit. I went out to bust up some big sugar maple rounds with wedges and the Monster Maul at about 2 pm yesterday, about 20 min. of that was enough, I had worked up a good sweat.

Nice score and thanks for the pictures. I have an itch to go out and find some more firewood, however I am completely out of room to store it. I guess for now I will just have to live vicariously through the pic's you guys post.

where is this at ? I live in Salem and need to get out and get more fire wood

Good Score

Took my saws tractor, trailer, and splitter next door to BILs Sunday. There were 6-7 trees knocked down 2 years ago during windstorm. All were off the ground and piled up like jenga blocks. My BIL wouldn't touch them. I showed him how to cut springs safely and we cut, bucked, and split all in about 5 hours yesterday. Split his small for fireplace. Took mine as rounds for OWB. Had lunch off the grill. We both ended up with a cord of mixed maple and Oak, all RTB and close to home. Was about 70*F, low humidity. Great day and enough wood to carry me through Dec 1st or so.:chainsaw:

Back