Well we had a great day in the woods.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We drug 2 big beech logs up out of the bottoms. One was 28"+- at 4 feet up. The other I would say the same or pretty close. I had to make 3 turns per tree. as I was skidding them up pretty good hillsides.One I took out to the west it was dry and they went right up. The one I drug out to the east was after a shower and it was up a natural draw to begin with. I had some difficulty. I was skidding using a Massey Ferguson 300 dozer. I am not sure how many cords we skidded out today, but it sure beats letting them just rot.
I will save one nice log for a GTG this fall or early winter here at the place.
That way we can play on some real hard wood with big saws..Heck with those piddly 8x8 poplar cants..
No pictures today it was all work trying to beat Ike,.

this thread is useless with out pics:D

Thanks for the phone call, it was nice talkin' with ya today my friend.
small world out here on the NET ain't it?
sure do miss the good ole' days.
we sure will be down in the next month or so and a GTG sounds like fun.

erikenk3.jpg

Last edited:
That picture brings back a lot of memories

this thread is useless with out pics:D

Thanks for the phone call, it was nice talkin' with ya today my friend.
small world out here on the NET ain't it?
sure do miss the good ole' days.
we sure will be down in the next month or so and a GTG sounds like fun.

erikenk3.jpg

This was back when I first started wheeling offroad. Not even sure how I met Dave. Oh, through a club.That was back in the 304 v833 inch tire days,3 speed tranny..only one locker..and 373 gears.. far from what it later became.,366 v 8 37 inch boggers,456 gears, detroit lockers front and rear.T-19 tranny with 7.62 -1 synched granny gear.
This was also before it was seen on national television rolling end over end down a hill on Real TV too LOL

Latest posts

Back