whadayathink of this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a really good idea... It'd be fun to build one!

I wonder how much he wants for it? Aluminum and stainless isn't cheap.

Features: made as always in Lancaster Pennsylvania
1) ALL principle parts ALUMINUM and STAINLESS STEEL
2) Saw up trees where they fall. Logs up to 24in wide.
3) Cut unlimited length boards and beams not just the length of a saw bed.

Now on Sale $1479

Interesting that they didn't show what was involved with turning and squaring the cant for each face cut. Wonder how accurate it would be. I would set the thing up so it and the log ran on a frame. I know that takes some of the portability out of it. For the price, I'd consider an MS 660, 25" bar and an Alaskan mill -even more portable, right?

The first thing I see is unless you have VERY level ground, that thing is going to be a bugger to level and keep level.........
Just my thought,
Chuck

Now on Sale $1479

Hahaha... Well I guess I should have scrolled down. :dizzy:

Now on Sale $1479

Then right under that is says ( order engine seperately)
Then he's talking 4hp for a 24" cut :(

I got an asphalt driveway, that little thing would work slick on a pair of long 2x10’s laid out for milling beams. A bigger motor would sure be a plus. I am thinks more in the 15hp range. As far as dragging it thru the brush to get to a log, a chainsaw mill would be easier and probably faster.

The first thing I see is unless you have VERY level ground, that thing is going to be a bugger to level and keep level.........
Just my thought,
Chuck

This was my first thought also. Where do you find a flat spot to lay down a couple boards in the woods? Also not all that portable really... with an engine on it, I'd think it would be pretty heavy and thus tough to haul that thing back into the woods to the tree even with a couple trips. Not directly comparing the two, because they are different animals, but for example the Ripsaw is only 50 lbs, and then another 20 lbs for those aluminum guides, so I would consider that truly portable enough to carry to the log. This thing I would not.

Add the cost of and engine and your close to the price of a woodmizer LT-10

In one of the videos the cover vibrated loose. The guy running the saw starts looking at the camera wonding what to do.

I like the craftsmanship of the unit. I think that it needs a little more to make it practical. Biggest drawback I see is being able to get consistent boards without a lot of double checking and shimming.

Mr. HE:cool:

Back