What a day (got to run some real saws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecool85

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got to help a friend take down some big trees at my parents house (a willow tree at 46" DBH and a pine at 25" DBH). Anyway, he let me do some limbing with two of his smaller saws - an 026 w/ 16" bar and a 361 w/18" bar. The 026 had a dull chain so I used my 2375 instead for that part of the job, but the 361 ripped. It was pretty sweet, it goes through 18" wood like my 42cc Poulan deals with 6-8" wood lol. That said, I got to give the wild thing a good workout and it really did a good job.

Also, my Echo 302S came in today - also good :) (not fixed yet, but getting there)

I got to help a friend take down some big trees at my parents house (a willow tree at 46" DBH and a pine at 25" DBH). Anyway, he let me do some limbing with two of his smaller saws - an 026 w/ 16" bar and a 361 w/18" bar. The 026 had a dull chain so I used my 2375 instead for that part of the job, but the 361 ripped. It was pretty sweet, it goes through 18" wood like my 42cc Poulan deals with 6-8" wood lol. That said, I got to give the wild thing a good workout and it really did a good job.

Also, my Echo 302S came in today - also good :) (not fixed yet, but getting there)

I think i would have sharpened the chain on the 026! lol
The 361 is nice! So you saving for one now?

I think i would have sharpened the chain on the 026! lol
The 361 is nice! So you saving for one now?

It was starting to get dark at that point so it was easier to grab my saw (most of those limbs were only 6-10" anyway). I'm not saving for a 361, but I did really like his 044...wish I had gotten a chance to run that, it was nuts!

It was starting to get dark at that point so it was easier to grab my saw (most of those limbs were only 6-10" anyway). I'm not saving for a 361, but I did really like his 044...wish I had gotten a chance to run that, it was nuts!

+1 if the light is going its time to stop using a chain saw!
If you like a 044 a 7900 will blow your mind:)

+1 if the light is going its time to stop using a chain saw!
If you like a 044 a 7900 will blow your mind:)

Yeah, we got lucky and we finished about 30 minutes before dark. I'd love to try a 6401 or 7900. They are heavier though. Then again, seeing as before I had only run small/lightweight saws, I was worried about running the 12.3lb 361 even, but it wasn't an issue at all even for a little guy like me.

Latest posts

Back