what chain will be the best ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw guy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey guys

i have a question for everyone. What would be the best chain setup for a stihl 028 wb with a 20in bar? the saws chain is almost shot and iv been needing a new one for a local job i got . i cut mostly hard wood but sometimes a little bit of everything . what do u recomend ?:greenchainsaw:

Stihl RSC chain is the fastest cutting. But it also dulls the quickest in dirty conditions. That's what i use most of the time, just gotta keep it out of the dirt.
I have 1 Stihl RMC chain that i bought for cutting trees out of the creek where it will be around gravel and sand. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but most everybody agrees it cuts slower.

hey guys

i have a question for everyone. What would be the best chain setup for a stihl 028 wb with a 20in bar? the saws chain is almost shot and iv been needing a new one for a local job i got . i cut mostly hard wood but sometimes a little bit of everything . what do u recomend ?:greenchainsaw:

Stihl RM/RMC or RMF for skip.

It cuts a bit slow compared to chisel(I reckon about 10-15% SWAG) right outta the box, but it stays there flinging chips like right outta the box, long past the point where Chisel starts shooting Powder.

The RM saves time, files, and chains last longer overall.
Ya just gotta give up that "Cuttin' like a raped ape" grin.

Hope this helps!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back